Range/Mileage Calculator Error

My dealer replaced the original "trip calculator" (don't remember GM's fancy name for it. . . shows direction, temp. fuel used, MPG, etc.) and ever since then it over estimates the range for the remaining fuel. Last month it showed a range of 60 mile remaining when I had less than 1/2 gallon of gas left in the tank. My guess is that when they replaced the original unit, they replaced it with a unit that thinks I have a 20 gallon tank, when I actually have a 16.5 gallon tank.

Anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions. . . 'cuz the dealer isn't coming up with any fixes. Oh yeah, '01 Trailblazer

Thanks, Speedo

Reply to
speedo

I would suggest taking it back to them and demanding that it be fixed properly

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

The mighty TrailBlazer ...Ok your right it does think you have a bigger tank...This is common on newer models ...What needs to be done is it just needs reprogrammed...This is something they should have done when they installed it..There is an update at the dealer....The BCM which controls your drivers information center ( instrument cluster..Certian vin's were programmed with a 20 gallon tank but was equipted with a smaller one...If they replaced your cluster and didnt reprogram your bcm then the problems your having wil accure....just take it back and have them reprogram it it only takes about a hour at the most... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook