Re: 1994 chevy suburban a/c

Hey Joe,,

The dual AC system in your 94 burban shares the same compressor, condenser, and Coolant (134a)..The only independent components are the evaporator (and accumulator bottle ?? I think) ,,,but the front and back passenger compartments both have their own evaporators ,, that I know for sure...

Some inherent known problems with these dual systems is when the front is being used and the same time the back is not (or fan for the back AC in OFF position) this shortens the life of the rear evaporator by half ....You should always turn the fan at least on Med or Low to the back as well when your using the front AC.. This ensures that you blow air across the rear evaporator while the system is on,, remember when coolant is traveling through the evaporator it MUST have air blowing across the fins in order to pickup heat...

In reading your note ,,,, It sounds like you may have smoked your rear evaporator..

P.S.

Do you know if your dealer replaced the line orifice filter located in the coolant line just before the condenser (right behind the passenger side marker light in the grill) this gets clogged very easily and has been known to blow out compressors...

Slyder...

Just had the truck in the shop since the compressor blew out. > > compressor was replaced, but, a/c to rear runs hot and front was not > > consistent. told me there was some type of mechanical vent that was > > stuck in rear and would be fixed. > > > took it back to the shop and they said they did not flush the lines > > and were going to remove the compressor, flush the lines and install a > > new compressor and recharge. > > > Now they tell me my rear air has some type of problem and needs an > > additional $395 to "fix" > > > My understanding is the rear air is simply vents coming from the > > front. what could cause the rear to run hot? > > > thanks for your help > > > joe > >
Reply to
Slyder