Re: 2003 Chevy 1500HD Crew - Fuel Mileage

Hello FSJ,

Check out a couple of recent threads on the same subject (e.g., cold air intake, exhaust system, NO2, throttle body spacer, etc.). Add to the lists:

-- replace clutch cooling fan with electric fan(s)

-- replace belt driven accessory pulleys with larger diameter ones

-- get cover for pickup tray or remove tailgate

-- "rake" the truck (lower front suspension than rear)

-- remove unnecessary weight (unneeded tools, sand bags/cinder blocks, etc.)

Good luck!

Hey Everyone, > > Just recently purchased the above 2003 Chevy 1500HD Crew Cab which I love > however it says I am averaging 13.2mpg. Is this in line with everyone else? > > Second are there any ways to bump up the MPG with any doodads? Yes the tires > are perfectly inflated, engine fluids changed and I coast as much as I > can!!! > > Thanks Guys, > > FSJ > >
Reply to
Franko