Re: 92 gmc altenator

How hard is it to just change the bearings and brushes in a 92 gmc

> altenator? I just can't see paying $160 for one. Mine is charging great > but the bearings are failing. Well actually they failed already and are > making one hell of a grinding noise. Has anyone here rebuilt one before or > will I be better off just buying a new one? >----------------------- > If you are going to keep the truck for a few years or more check into an

alt that has a lifetime warranty.

Reply to
Scott M

Well heres the predicerment. I live in nowhere idaho and I don't have a clue where the closest AZ is. I am guessing on boise but that is a 130 mile round trip. The local Schitz (schucks) wants 160 for the new one. Welp I reckon I will have to wait till next weekend to head to boise since I gotta work.

Reply to
sidewinder
2 in Boise, 1 in Nampa, 1 in Caldwell

Steve W.

sidewinder

Side,

They'll mail it to ya. You can order online and have it shipped to yer' house for a resonable price.

Doc

"Doc"

reLocator

Reply to
sidewinder

> reLocator

Reply to
mcwb60

plus, REAL starter / alternator shopshave a tester that is more than the el-cheapo go / no-go types at the local AutoZone-type store, whose main purpose is to sell parts

a high-end tester has a carbon-pile type load bank to allow testing a unit for full output

> > reLocator

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

GO BIG get a

200amp ALT.

> > > reLocator

message

Reply to
How can I be down

How will an air purifier from Korea help? Thats where that link sent me :)

Reply to
Scott M

man it is better to just buy them

Stanley Arter