Re: 97 S-10 Fuel Milage

Ok, if it changes the height of the tire, could that cause fuel milage to go

> down? Makes the engine work harder to turn a taller tire?

Depends on what type of driving you do. On the highway your mileage could actually increase (if mostly level). In the city (and on hills) your mileage would probably decrease.

Reply to
Todd Copeland

Well that sounds logical. My Z71 has one wheel that drives in the front and two that drive in the rear. Limited slip ya know?

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Ya, but he also has a '99 with a 5.7?? Just learnt that that year doesn't have 'em. Can't rule out a swap, I guess that is a "part".... hehe

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

My 1999 Z71 has a 5.7 liter factory motor. The C1500 and K1500 trucks in

1999 got the 5.0 liter and the 5.7 liter. The 1999 Silverado got the 4.8 liter and the 5.3 liter. These were considered late 1999 trucks. Basically it's the early 1999 that had the old 1998 and down body style and the late 1999 got the new body style (2000 and up) and the newer motors.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

My mistake, its a 98, and yes it has a 5.7. and they were Called Chevrolet C/K "SERIES".

There is a link, I will soon be post a picture of it on here. The pic on that web site is just a work truck, obviously not a Z71

Reply to
kielu84

No I take that back god damn it, I just looked at the emissions stick under the hood, it is a god damn 99 model year, manufactured November 1999. I'll have a picture for you soon gremlin, since you dont want to belive me. I'm not here to argue.

Reply to
kielu84

I still think it's either C or K. I mean the DUKW, that big ugly bastard from WWII that floated. D = 1940's / 1942 (depending on source) U = Utility K = All wheel drive W = Two rear drive axles.

But hey, I definitely make mistakes.

GMC Gremlin

GMC Gremlin

Hi!

Read the following VERY carefully:

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hi!

I suppose there are a variety of reasons...

First off, I guess the official answer is that it's not a binary group and people just usually don't put binaries (executables, image files, etc).

Secondly, I suppose that someone out there has a really poor connection and a really poor newsreader that can't make heads or tails of the attachment and downloads it no matter what--either crashing the connection or causing the user to have to wade through an endless mine of binary code. (Now I haven't actually seen such a newsreader, but it's hard saying what someone could be using...)

Thirdly I guess some people just like to say something about it.

Personally, it doesn't bother me though I have been known to drop a note about it when someone just keeps posting binary after binary in a group. I don't think a few of them hurt anything at all. (I'm using a cable connection...though there is a 14.4 modem around somewhere that was in use not all that terribly long ago...) I find binary groups to be too useless. My newsfeed doesn't carry a lot of them and what it does carry, it doesn't carry well. Articles expire too quickly, etc... So in the end I'm just running a small web server for those times when I need to show someone something.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Reply to
Mike Levy

Hi!

Where can I find this group's charter?

I did some little amount of Googling and didn't find anything conclusive on that...

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Basically. You do have to pay the consequences though. What you should really do is never drive or move at all. Kid'l be just a dead if you hit it at 25mph or 100mph, so you shouldn't drive within 1,000 light years of anything alive. Then you have the least amount of chance of killing anything or yourself. You should never eat anything bad for you, smoke, or drink, or be alive. You see living is the main cause of death so it is obviously a very terrible thing.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

No one owns USNET and you should know that bill.

GMC Gremlin ~Ashamed~

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

"JR" wrote in message news:plr7d.7204$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net...

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

not only that but the poor folks on dial-up have to DL all the data too (if its there)...........

Reply to
Scott M

Fuck binary groups, why doesn't everyone just drop this god damn topic.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

Hi!

Eh, don't you mean USENET? :-)

Actually, someone does own it, but we don't know who yet. Dean Dardwin was supposed to tell us...but I think Checkydoodles scared him away before he could.

I know that Usenet is held in the great public of the 'net and that nobody owns it, but some groups DO in fact have a charter established at some point where expected behaviors are laid out. I know it's nothing set in stone, but some groups do have them. Do some Googling. You'll find a few.

William The Guesser (and Usenet Misuser)

Reply to
William R. Walsh