Re: Adding 2-stroke oil to gas in Chevy truck?

Upper cylinder lubrication...

How much lubrication can 2-stroke oil mixed to the ratio of one squirt in 15 gal. of gasoline do?

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Hello Gordie,

Not much I would think. I would imagine it would cause more problems with carbon buildup but do two-strokes have this problem? I don't know if it really helps with the "lubrication" part of the theory but "in theory," it may help a teeney weeney bit?

Regards, Franko

Reply to
Franko

Enough to destroy your O2 sensor and/or catalytic converter.

The makers of silicone gasket sealer specifically address this issue because it was found enough bad stuff leeched from factory GM silicone sealed rocker arm covers, into the oil, into the engine, to cause harm.

Reply to
David Kelly

Silicone Seal is not able to dissolve in oil and even if it could it would be in the oil pan, not in the combustion chamber. The minute amount of 2-stroke can't do anything either good OR bad. There is not enough of it to make any difference at all. Most older engines burn more oil when started up than there would be 2-stroke in the entire gas tank The new engine that you would swear "burns no oil" runs more oil through the combustion chamber than the miniscule amount you refer to. I probably wipe more oil off my two hands on an average day.

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Try doing some research. Suggest "+o2 +sensor +silicone" at Google.

says:| What will damage my O2 sensor?| Home or professional auto repairs that have used silicone gasket| sealer that is not specifically labeled "Oxygen sensor safe",| "Sensor safe", or something similar, if used in an area that| is connected to the crankcase. This includes valve covers, oil| pan, or nearly any other gasket or seal that controls engine oil.| Leaded fuel will ruin the O2 sensor in a short time.
says:| g. O2 sensor contamination - Inspect oxygen sensor for silicone | contamination from coolant, lead contamination from fuel or improper | RTV sealant. Silicone contamination will be indicated by a Code 45 | and lean drivability conditions and a powdery white deposit on the | sensor. The ECM will then reduce the amount of fuel delivered to | the engine causing a severe surge drivability problem.
says:| Q. What will damage my oxygen sensor?| | A. An oxygen sensor can fail prematurely if it becomes contaminated | with phosphorus from excessive oil consumption, silicone from | internal coolant leaks, using silicone sealant in the engine, and | some over-the-counter fuel additives.

Reply to
David Kelly