Re: Faster

How do I override the 95mph limit on my 99 chevy silverado LT. Where can

>one get a "chip" and how hard is it to install and are there any >modifications one needs to do after installing it? >I am in the Tampa area. >bboy
Reply to
Mike Levy

Where is the speed limit any wheres near 95???

Reply to
Steve Barker

Silly Billy,

Drive it over a cliff. You'll hit at least 120 mph before you land, and the roads will be safer without someone like you on the road. Big, top-heavy, poorly weight-distributed, underbraked vehicles like pickups aren't meant to go that fast.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Whoa Doc! That was harsh!

I know I wouldn't want someone driving that fast (I've seen people doing so on the Interstate, and it makes me nervous!) but there are some legitimate reasons to make a truck go that fast...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Unless he is with the Highway Patrol or a Volunteer Fire Fighter what is the reason?

Reply to
Xavier

Little Willy I'm dying to know "legitimate reasons" why a FULL SIZE truck would need to be going 95 MPH. Little S-series are different; they're built to go faster; FS trucks are not. It's all about the vehicle. My wife's Sonoma SLS is a pleasure to drive at high speeds and very easy to control, brake, etc. My 88' FS on the other hand is a disaster waiting to happen over 80. It's called inertia my friend....................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Guesser...........replies inline.............

Not on a highway!

Just playin' with ya man, relax.

Odd, should be smooth as silk @ 100MPH.

Aye, they're pretty fun at high speeds.

Take er' easy,

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

May sure to use two wrenches preferably a line wrench on the fuel line and an open end on the carb other wise you-ll twist the fuel line. The filter should be behind the big nut on the carb side may be paper or a bronse filter , dont forget to replace the spring .Be carefull screwing it back in very easy to strip it out DONT OVER TIGHTEN !!

Reply to
LARRY929

jet performance has what you want. a plug in chip thats all it takes, got the six pack chip myself on a 9o fs 350. It has differant settings on a underdash mounted box.it includes security.towing,valet, performance 1&

Reply to
Tony D.

Reply to
W.Rowe