Re: Fix your power window motor & save $200

Hi!

While I'm here, I've decided to share some of my grateness with you...

"Grateness" sure is the right word, but I didn't think so at first. That said, do you ever really go away?

The power window motor in my Blazer crapped out the other day (okay, it > was actually the other month, but I'm a procrastinator).

What year? S-Series or fullsize?

Mr. Goodwrench > wanted $190 for a replacement Delco motor

Eeeek! I'm glad mine died under warranty...though I would have loved to see if I could have fixed it. I especially would have been interested in knowing if another poster's thought of slamming the door while holding the down button would have worked.

William The Guesser and Believer In Manual Windows

Reply to
William R. Walsh

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 04:58:19 GMT, William R. Walsh put forth the notion that...

How could people miss me if I didn't occasionally go away?

'83 S-10. Hey, at least it's paid for.

Reply to
Checkmate

Yeah, I fixed one pretty much the same way on an '85 Chevy 1/2 ton. But what I'm_really_pleased with myself over was a bad idler pulley bearing on my boy's '92 Olds Cutlass with the evil 3.4 DOHC engine. The conniving s.o.b.'s at GM had molded a raised portion around both sides of the bearing to where you couldn't push it out. New one was 90 something dollars. Didn't know who they were playing with, here, dammit. Chucked it up in my lathe, cut the nastiness away from the outer race and pressed in a good, high-temp bearing from my local elec. motor overhaul dealer in it's place. Locked it in with epoxy and told GM to kiss my ass right where it looks like a fig. Still in there 60,000 miles later and doing it's job.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

I matched up an idler pulley for the serpentine belt on my 3.4 DOHC from the MTD mower website. The deck belt on my rider has a plastic pulley with a

204FF sealed bearing. So I just matched width of pulley, diameter, one with an edge for the belt and the bearing I.D. Cost me $9.00 and shipping. Still on there after a year. It actually looks to be a heavier pulley and may last longer.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

You done good and with less trouble than I went to. The bearing was 6 dollars or thereabouts, but I had to put in the time it took to get it set in the pulley. Good sense of accomplishment, my way or yours, in my opinion.

Garrett

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

Any way of keeping a damn dealership from getting your money is a good accomplishment ;-)

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Hi!

Better question...do you just lurk or do you actually wander off to troll other "regulars" on your list? I'm sure it's a busy life being Usenet's most famous/best troll, so I thought I'd ask while your greatness happens to be here.

You'll get no argument here. Long as it runs...drive it!

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 04:43:33 GMT, William R. Walsh put forth the notion that...

That's "grateness." I rarely have time for trolling anymore... too busy selling phase converters on eBay. Trolling never did pay that well, except for the occasional offer from someone who's been hammered so badly they'd consider paying me to go away. For some reason, Mister Tardwin came to mind the other day, and when I finally quit laughing about how I spanked him right out of the group, I felt a trip down memory lane would be good for a few more laughs.

Reply to
Checkmate

Tardwin...is that the "I don't like your cussing" troll???

Reply to
Eightupman

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 02:48:26 GMT, Eightupman put forth the notion that...

Tardwin's idea of cussing is to say "Suck a fart out of my ass." I suppose he learned that on the playground.

Reply to
Checkmate