Re: glue for rear view mirror...

thanks!

> > Darn....I have a lumina LS I am trying to sell, and I today I noticed > > the windshield glass mounted rear view mirror had fallen off....must > > have been from this years start of the heat wave :0 > > > > any reccomendations for adhesives ? > > > > as luck would have it, I had a call on the car today, and they might > > well be out this evening to see it. > > > > I am thinking about super glue, I have several bottles of higher quality > > brands/viscosities. > > > > > > thanks > > bryan > >
Reply to
sixguys3

Hi!

Then something was wrong or you weren't doing it quite properly. I have glued countless mirrors back to the windshield in my driveway--with countless different brands of adhesive systems. Not a one has fallen back down. For at least one car, it has been almost 10 years since I did that.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

William, where do you live? Down here in Texas, the *exact* same procedure that I used in MD on a mirror that lasted for at least 7 years gives me only about 1, maybe 2 here......

~jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Central Illinois

My cars and trucks usually get parked in the hot summer sun (though I'm sure it doesn't compare at all to Texas!) and I believe all the mirror failures I've had are believed to be heat related in the first place.

Before I start in, I clean the windshield pretty well and cover it so that it may cool. After that I glue the mirror support piece up all by itself. I let it rest for a while and then I put the mirror back up.

It has yet to fail me.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh