Re: GMC Sierra K1500

C/K is actually a letter from the VIN... C denotes a full-size 2wd truck. K denotes a full-size 4x4.

S/T trucks (which everybody just refers to as S10 trucks) An "S" truck actually means a small-sized 2wd truck. A "T" truck is a small-sized 4x4 truck. So to say "I have an S10 4x4" is really a double statement. "S" meaning 2wd and then desribing it by making clear it is a 4x4 as well. Just the way things are. The part below where you have "C/K Pickup/Suburban" is acurate but the Jimmy part doesn't make sense, unless this manual tries to cover a little of all models...

Long story short, purchase which ever manual supports your vehicle best..

HTH

Nick

I am purchasing a 1989 GMC Sierra truck and I'd like to pick up a > repair manual for it. The truck is listed as a GMC Sierra K1500. I > went to various online retailers for service manuals and all have two > "model" options. One is simply for Sierra and for this model, the only > manual that is offered is the original owners manual. The second > option would be "C/K Pickup/Suburban/Jimmy" which has a much longer > list of available manuals. Would the manuals listed under the C/K > model be what I'm looking for...aren't these in fact the same truck? > > Kevin
Reply to
Skeechmaster

In '89, the GMC model of the Chevy Blazer was actually called a Jimmy. The Suburban carries the same nameplate in both Chevy and GMC, as do the C and K pickups (although for a while the GMC 1/2 ton was a 1500 and the Chevy was a

10, etc).....

Haynes and Chilton cover the C and K pickups/blazers/suburbans/jimmys all in one manual - they just have a section for the 4wd stuff that's different from the 2wd, since it's really not that much, and it doesn't make sense to have 2 completely different books...

I think I know too much about the GM Truck line.... ;-)

HTH...

Jeremy '79 GMC K-1500 (4x4 1/2 ton full sized pickup.. :-D)

PS - does anyone know what GMC stands for? heheh

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
George

Here's another - - What all these terms mean The GMC stands for the General Medical Council and is Britain's registration body for doctors. It has the power to strike off, reprimand, suspend, or vindicate medics.

.
Reply to
George

Reply to
George

Grabowski Motor Company

Romantic, isn't it?

Reply to
Neil Nelson

We have a winner....lol

Yeah, I was rather disappointed when I found out the truth myself, but the Grabowski brothers were probably pleased at the amount of money that General Motors paid them for their truck line.....

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers