Re: Jacking points

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:52:34 GMT, Harry Bloomfield put forth the notion > that...

> > > Glenn wrote on Sunday (01/02/2004) : > > > I have a Lunar Jupiter 1992 and bought the owners handbook, I have been > > > trying to find the right place to jack it up and put axle stand on it. I > > > can't see any jacking points and the book does not show anything and > > > seems > > > to be unclear to me, I don't want to jack it up in the wrong place and > > > wreck > > > it. Can anyone point me in the right directions. > > > > I have never seen any such intructions in any caravan manual.... > > > > The usual place to jack a caravan up, is under the axle as close to the > > wheel as possible. Never under the floor or any of the frame. Start by > > chocking the wheels and putting the handbrake on. As the caravan rises, > > I try to also keep the corner steadies in contact with the ground for > > an extra bit of stability. > > Who taught you how to jack, Hairy?

Mebbe your old friends in that Chevy truck froup should be brought in for a consultation, Czech? Just a thought.

Reply to
Finno-Ugrian

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:53:02 -0800, Finno-Ugrian put forth the notion that...

They all like me now... go figure.

Reply to
Checkmate

You folks haven't looked at the jacks in any vehicle since about 1980 have you. Half of them are made to fit in either the rocker panel grooves or under specific hard points on the chassis. I do know that you really do not want to try jacking up the rear of most of the FWD cars by using one jack in the center, the rear "axle" cannot take the pressure and will bend.

Reply to
Steve W.

just jack it at any point on the cross-member (the large thick steel tubing (even though it's squarish) that runs underneath the whole body. that's usually the jacking point for any car. and yea, definately don't support the whole thing by one jack, get jack stands, they aren't expensive.

Reply to
Motorbret