Re: oil

Hi Pete, Mobil 1 is okay, but look into Amsoil, much better lubricant, higher quality and will protect your motor much better. Look into

for reference. There is a lot of info available on the stuff, even some independent lab results that show it is a far superior product. I have been using it for over 20-years...also use in lawn mower, air-compressor, differential, tranny, they have all the stuff you need. Oh...and you don't change it at 3k intervals, you change every 25k or a year, with 3 to 4 filter changes thru the year. Remember, pure synthetic never breaks down, it is the dirt and contamination that mandate changes. Petrolium based oils actually require a change at about the 5k to 7.5k marks, and Mobile

1...well, not really certain what they recommend. If you need more info or comparisons, check out the URL I provided above.

Mike Parsons Yellow Springs, Ohio

Hi all: > I would like to know if any of you have a 5.3 Chevy engine I have an > avalanche 2002 and at 3 thousand mile I am down 1qt plus a tad more is > this > normal OH I USE MOBIL 1 5-30 Any comments > Thanks > Pete > >
Reply to
mp