Re: Re: Air Cleaner upgrade possible??

"Elbert3" wrote: > On Sun, 29 May 2005 09:04:06 -0500, Elbert > wrote: > > >On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:38:50 -0600, "AndyW" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote: > >

 >>I have a stock 1994 GMC K1500 350 TBI with stock air > cleaner assy/box, dual >  >>studs for hold down and the plastic ring with hose > connection for the >  >> crankcase ventilation connection on the top of the > valve cover. >  >> >  >> Question: Is there a replacement assembly made to > replace the stock closed >  >>air cleaner assy with an open sided free flowing assy, > to include the top >  >> cover with two holes for the hold down wingnuts? > If so, can someone post >  >>a link where I can purchase the assy from? >  >> >  >> Any info and advice is appreciated. >  >>Thanks. >  >> Andy >  >> > > > > > > > >I don't think anyone makes exactly what you are looking for. > > > >Allthough some will take issue with the air filers I belive > K&N makes > >a few different type systems. > > > >

FYI: You can just turn the air cleaner cover UPSIDE DOWN and tighten it back down. This lets the air go directly to the filter (and THROUGH the filter). You will feel (and hear) the difference when you do it.

It makes it a lot louder when you get on it.

It may also raise some hot/cold air issues, but I never noticed any problems. By the way, I also have a K&N filter. I have never done any dyno tests or anything like that, but it seems like it goes faster.

I change it back in the winter, so it gets the warm air from the exhaust manifold.

Have fun...

Reply to
v8s4ever