Rear End Change in 1500 pickup-speedo?

Subject-

1993 1500 pickup-six cyl-just plain truck

I just changed the rear end from a 3:42 (what it came with) to a 3:08

Question-is there an easy way to get the speedo to register correctly?

I have an L460e tranny-it has two wires leading to the "speedo output" on the tranny-this has one bolt and looks to be a round "push in module" on the side of the tranny--is this a gear or a magnetic reader? Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben III Lakeland, FL

Reply to
SharkHead

toolery

Could I use the DRAC module from the truck that the 3:08 rear end came out of? It is the same year, same engine and tranny--basically the same truck-is this something I could "plug in" and have it work?

Thanks,

Ben III

Reply to
SharkHead

correctly?

output"

module"

Man that is going to be a super dog in OD now and likely get worse gass mileage too. You will find out soon. Good luck.

Reply to
SnoMan

If they ever get I-4 done, his mileage will probably go up. You need to be able to run 75-80 down here or you get ran over.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to