Rear end noise

I have a 03 silverado, when I enter my driveway, dip and or anything that has some sort of ditch or decline the rear end of the truck make a wierd noise, I think its come from the leaf springs or shocks, but I'm just assuming, so what may be the problem?

Reply to
jmex

"" wrote: > I have a 03 silverado, when I enter my driveway, dip and or > anything > that has some sort of ditch or decline the rear end of the > truck make a > wierd noise, I think its come from the leaf springs or shocks, > but I'm > just assuming, so what may be the problem?

What kind of "weird" noise?

Reply to
SnoMan

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Well its like a "thump" and/or a stretching kind of noise, from the rear end as I mentioned thanks , take care

Reply to
jmex

Your spare tire may be loose. I start by checking on that.

Reply to
smoove

Yea I have checked that, and it doesnt make that noise when i go over a dip/bump if the truck is straight or perpedicular, only if its in a angle as I mentioned before.

Reply to
jmex

Put the truck on jackstands (via the frame) and try to re-creat the sound with your hands. Or see if there is anything loose that the weight of the truck was making undetectible. Check every nut and bolt under there and look for any new worn spots where any two pieces of metal come together.

ZZZ

Reply to
zzz