Rear-End Pivoting?

I just got a new 93 Silverado. Whenever I take off or stop, the rear-end makes a loud rubbing noise and the trucks drops about 2 inches in the rear. Someone told me that the rear-end could be pivoting back and forth...

anyone heard of this?

thanks

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

============== You better take a look back there for sure, sounds like something is broken. Did you JUST get it ? If so I would take it back and ask for some money......:)

Reply to
Scott

Can't bring it back.. AS IS sale. I love the truck and got it for a real steal, so it's worth getting into. I'd just like to know WHAT I'm getting into. It does sound like something is broken, I'm gonna have a look at it tonight on a lift, so I'll let ya know. Bought it for $2700.00 with no scratches/dents/rust or rot. It has the 305 and it runs almost perfect, just needs a minor tune-up. It's the short box

4x4 style, with a towing package and upgraded braking system (10,000lbs). An older fellow had it since 93 and used it to tow his camper up to his camp. It was garaged nightly and never went off-road or plowing. The interior is mint too, I really lucked out on this deal. Even came with the electronic brake controller for large trailers. I just have to turn the rotors and fix this rear-end problem.
Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

You probably have a broken leaf or two in your spring assembly. Take it to a spring shop and have them do their magic.

Rita

Reply to
Rita A. Berkowitz

Reply to
Sparky

Turned out to be the slip yoke. Instead of getting the expensive nickel plated one, I just greased it with some Mobil 1 grease

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez