Rear Suspension Bumpers

Hi Folks,

I cannot find my stock rear suspension rubber bumpers. I took them off years ago to put on some Monroe Muscle helper springs, and I am taking the Monroe's off. The rubber bumpers are mounted in a steel plate that bolts to the frame (two bolts). These contact the plates on top of the axle when you run out of suspension.

Anyone know where I can buy these, besides a GM dealer. Perhaps an aftermarket brand to look at? Anyone have a set for sale?

Thanks - Doug

Reply to
Doug Moran

Just about any part store will have generic bump stops that will fit.

Reply to
Steve W.

I would think so too. It's a good salvage item also. Look for a pile of rear axles, many of the rear wheel drive cars had pinion snubbers mounted above the universal joint on the differential.

Reply to
Tim

Thanks folks. I'll check those out!

Doug

Reply to
Doug Moran

I'm posting this as a follow-up for someone that will get this newsgroup thread in the future. I got my issue resolved.

None of the auto parts stores have these. They carry bump stops for coil springs and similar. Nothing heavy duty enough for the rear end of a truck.

LMC truck parts has them in their catalog, and on their suspension diagrams. But, they are no longer available. LMC Truck has the rubber bumpers, but not the metal plates needed to mount them in.

I went to the local junk yard. I recommend looking for a truck that the junk yard has taken the bed off of. Two 15 mm bolts on the inside of the frame rail on each side and you have them. I wire brushed mine, and painted them to slow down the rust, and treated the rubber bumper with silicone. Installed in less than a minute after I got the Monroe Muscles off. $15 + tax and some time.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Moran