Rear View Camera System

Hi all....

I'm going to install one of those wireless rear view camera system in my 02 Silvered 1500 HD this weekend. The instruction says to tie the wiring for the camera into the back up lights, but I'd rather have the camera on at all times that the truck is running, rather than just when it is in reverse. Is there anything already back there, a live wire of some sort that I can tie into that would allow this. Something in the trailer wiring harness?

I'm just trying to avoid running a wire from the front to the back to allow for this.

Thanks for any help. Gary M.

Reply to
<gmell

Curious as to why? Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I'd want it on all the time too. But, in my motor home group, one of the posters said he checked with the manufacturer and was told it was only intended for backing, not to ne on all the time. (The units that are available at Kragens/ Wal-Mart, etc for about $100.)

Reply to
William Andersen