removing radio from a 1995 CK extended cab - help

I want to install a better radio. Once I remove the dashboard cover what will I need and how do I remove the original radio ?

I have a 1995 CK extended cab 4x4.

thanks for any help.

Reply to
barry

Barry, I did just what you're talking about to install a "better" radio with cd player, it's really easy to get the radio out. First, set the parking brake firmly, turn the ign key on, shift the lever down into "1" to get it out of the way of the dash panel. The entire dash panel just snaps into place, carefully begin prying it away from the dash itself, starting at the top and just pulling towards you, work your way around the edge till it's free of the dash. At this point the headlight switch and it's wires are still attached, you can swing the dash panel out of your way or remove the wiring/or switch to completely remove the panel. From here the radio chassis just has 2 tabs that you squeeze and pull the whole radio out of it's tray....disconnect the speaker and antenna wires and reverse the instructions to reinstall. Keep in mind that you may need a wire harness to interface your new radio with the GM harness. By the by, my "better" Blaupunkt Orleans model cd/radio was a wonderful cd player, but the radio reception was questionable at times, and seemed to get worse until it was just terrible, I could be driving past a radio station's tower and it would not come in, I never did get it figured out, it's in a box in my workshop, and the Delco radio is back in....I can do without a cd player, but I can't do without a radio. Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Ive got an 88 k5 blazer that some idiot butchered up the dash putting in a pioneer stereo cant figure how to remove it.

Reply to
LARRY929

Harley tool no. 1 (hammer)

Reply to