Repair Costs for 5 Years

I computed my repair and maint costs for the 4.5 years I've had my Silverado, bought new in 2001. Including everything (tires, oil changes, repairs, etc), it comes to about 3500.00, which assuming I have no major repairs until March (my 5th anniversary) comes out to about $700/year. I was wondering what other folks have seen with their trucks, and if this is considered average or excessive. I have to say that the experience with the truck has been great. Only stranded once (fuel pump), and only one *major* repair (fuel pump). All the rest has been routine stuff: xmission, differential, injectors, brakes, tires, etc.

Reply to
Rockinghorse Winner

How many miles have you driven the truck?

Bob

Reply to
Capt. Tundra

You need to spell it out by year to make sense. If you spent $3,000 in the last year that would be bad news.

Reply to
Al Bundy
2000 Chevy C2500 Crew cab 138000 miles Going through my record book on my truck and reviewing receipts and log book my maintenance cost is broken down below. Maintenance performed prices include parts and labor. Some labor I did and some I paid for. 2 brake jobs. pads/shoes, turned rotors at cost of $200 dollars two sets of tires at $1360.00 Tune up spark plugs, rotor, cap, and new wires 180.00 dollars Ignition switch at 200.00 dollars Radiator flush, new bottom and top hoses 65.00 dollars Heater hose connection to engine. Changed aluminum piece broke off in engine 6 bucks but should have paid someone to do this job. 2 Transmission filter and fluid 89.00 dollars each for a total of 178.00 46 oil changes and car wash for $2070.00 oil change every 3000 miles. lifetime front alignment 175.00 dollars checked and realigned every 3 months. knockouts drilled in front end for front end alignment 150.00 dollars. 7 Fuel filter changes every 20,000 miles at 45 dollars each for a total of $315 dollars. 2 Fuel Pump at cost of $245.00 dollars. one done by dealer for free since the fuel gauge sender unit was out under warranty. 3 batteries at cost of 233 dollars 2 serpentine belts at cost of 65.00 dollars 1 alternator at 155.00 dollars. 24 cases of beer at around 425 dollars.

So my total cost for the last 5 going on 6 years is $5597.00 plus beer

I have the luxury of getting most parts at a good discount and usually pay for labor by getting one of the mechanics that work at my wife's car dealership to do the labor when he is off. Cash plus beer makes for cheap labor and no he does not drink until the job is finished.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge