REPLY: FRENCH FRIED FUELS

Let McD's keep the French Fry Oil! It's as bad for your truck as it is for your arteries!

I worked on a year long Advertising project for a BioDiesel product.

The best is Soy Based with about a 20% mix of soy oil to diesel, depending on climate 40 - 50 degrees or so. In warmer climates 100% has been used.

You will notice a performance boost in the 20% plus range, and increased lubricity.

Cuts down on or elimanates additives. Good luck. above

----- Original Message ----- From: "SpaseKase" Newsgroups: alt.trucks.chevy,alt.rv,rec.outdoors.rv-travel Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 8:17 PM Subject: French Fried Fuel?

I read an article in Trailer Life the had mentioned using used cooking oil > as an alternative to diesel. They even had a name for it...biodiesel. Has > anyone tried this stuff? I think it'd be great if I could fill up > EVERYTHING at McD's. I pull a 21' 5th wheel with a 3/4 ton chevy duramax. > >
Reply to
anon

Hi!

Oh puh-leaze...

I doubt that. Many folks start up on Diesel and switch over to the veggie oil when its warmed up enough...and drive their vehicles that way for a long time with no significant troubles. I've been reading about such things done to Diesel Chevettes and would like to do the same to my '84 Sierra w/ 6.2. I think the second fuel tank would be perfect and the switching mechanism is already there to save me the work of plumbing in a whole other tank.

Come to think of it, I'd like to find a Diesel Chevette...if for no other reason than to say I have one!

The only "bad thing" that I could see happening is an accidental shutdown while on the oil...then it gels up and gets to be a pain in the rear to get your Diesel started again...

There's your problem.

People say that lubrication is improved with the veggie oil as well...and that there is no appreciable difference in performance...

William The Guesser - guessing that he'll be smart enough to switch the ol Sierra to veggie and have it work after a few tries...

Reply to
William R. Walsh