Repost: FS 87' Astro Van

First post started a flame war, thought I'd give it one more try before I put er' on E-Bay. Please note the OBO listed after the price.

Hi guys,

My neighbor just gave me his old 87' Astro Van (yes, just gave it to me, great neighbor eh?) for parts or to sell. While the 700R4 would go nicely in my El Camino I'd rather sell the thing outright so someone can get some use out of it.

1987, Chevy Astro, 2WD. 4.3L TBI, TH700R4 transmission. 330,000 Mobil 1 miles (230K on rebuilt Jasper engine, original tranny). Starts, runs and drives great, as it's been very well maintained. Doesn't burn oil, coolant or anything else other than gas, he he he. The body shows it's age, paint is decent but clearcoat is long gone. All of the sheetmetal is straight and dent-free. Typical rusted-out rocker panels, but other than that very little rust. Interior is decent, upholstery is clean and no rips or tears that I can see. Great rubber (Uniroyals) with 95% of tread remaining. Clean Title.

What it needs: brake lines all the way around. The current lines are intact but likely to disentegrate anytime now as they're pretty bad. There is a gas leak somewhere high up in the fuel circuit, my guess is the fuel tank sending unit lines are rusted out, but it could be somewhere else. There is a decent oil leak, either front seal or oil pan, haven't really looked.

If anyone is interested and has SPECIFIC questions, I'll run out to the garage and get the answers for ya. Pics available on request. If you're really interested I might be persuaded into fixing the problems for a couple bucks before you pick it up.

$500 as-is OBO. Located in East Central Ohio (Akron area). Post here to the ng or e-mail me directly gmc(underscore)man(at)adelphia(dot)net If I don't sell it here I'm putting it on E-Bay, thought I'd ask here first.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

You wont be the only Akronite soon, Doc, my wife has a job in Twinsburg and we're moving to Akron....

you have been forewarned LOL

Jason

Reply to
Jason Sobol

Hey allright, a local!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

how far are you from the Portage Lakes area? SR 93 n I 277? thats where we will be...

maybe I can see the van :)

Jason Sobol

I'm actually just south of Akron (south of Canton as well) right off I-77. So, maybe 1 hr. from the location mentioned above.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

not too far for me....

maybe you can help me with ideas for modifying my 98 GMC Sonoma 4x4

Jason Sobol

454 with an 8-71 under the hood for starters, he he he.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

you wanna fit it under the V6 hood bro?

Jason Sobol

Well, we'd have to cut a nice chunk of the hood out for your Hilborn air scoop, but the majority of it would be under the hood..........

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

tell ya what-- say the word, I'll put in for my vacation, and bring my welder along.

We'll MAKE the bloomin' thing fit...

Reply to
burntkat
1st I need someone who can fab a good high performance exhaust for me, V6 headers to tail pipe......I have a crappy custom exhaust that I have to replace cuz it broke for the final time, and I cant have my truck e-checked (Ohio's name for the smog, etc. testing, for those who dont know) untill I fix it

so I have to go to the DMV n get temp tags....that and I decided Im gonna switch to the new red white n blue Ohio plates with my new county sticker on them...

Jason Sobol

well-- why do you think I bought the welder?

All the suspension fabrication and so on just came of a hobby that got a bit too involved...

Reply to
burntkat