REQ: 1995 Chev 3/4Ton 2500 diesel 4wd

My hubby is having a problem replacing the starter on our truck. Its a chev cheyenne 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive, deisel.

He cant get the dang thing out. He removed 2 bolts and says he cant see any others.

Anybody got any ideas??

Please

Thanks a bunch.

Reply to
Jan

There is a bracket at the other end of the starter, one bolt holds it into the engine block.

Reply to
WBucha

. . ===== ===== REQ: 1995 Chev 3/4Ton 2500 diesel 4wd Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Feb 22, 2004, 6:41pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@pan.co (Jan)

My hubby is having a problem replacing the starter on our truck. Its a chev cheyenne 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive, deisel.

He cant get the dang thing out.

He removed 2 bolts and says he cant see any others.

Anybody got any ideas??

Please Thanks a bunch. ======== ========

Tell hubby to give it a couple good bumps with the soft end of his hammer. It's likely just stuck to the block. It happens all the time. There SHOULD NOT be any other bolts in it. He will have to unhook the wires BEFORE he is able to wiggle it back very far however. The wiring harness is kinda rigid......and the starter is not going to want to go back far enough to slide down, with the wires still attached.

13mm on the big nut. 8mm on the little nut.

Tell hubby....... to reach up there and yank off the heat shield that's on top of the starter. It is simply "self" clamped onto the starter housing. It will pop right off. This will make the entire process go much, much easier. He can pop it back on after the starter is put back in. The wires on the starter can be taken off alot easier once the shield is off.

recap...... once the bolts are out.....

1) give the starter a little bump with a pry bar, hammer, whatever's handy.

2) pop the heat shield off

3) take the wires off.....13mm nut....8mm nut

4) give the wife a hug for asking directions so you wouldn't have to.

let us know if he's already broke it.

oo L O

MarshMonster ~:~ ========= =========

Reply to
Marsh Monster

. . No there is not.

MarshMonster ~:~ ===== ===== On Sun, Feb 22, 2004, at, near, around, or very close to11:27pm (CST+6) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (WBucha)wrote in....... There is a bracket at the other end of the starter, one bolt holds it into the engine block. ======= =======

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Thanks to all

He got it out and now its being repaired Hope he can get it back in without problems

u guys are great!!! Thanks guys

Jan

Reply to
Jan

It's a much different model year, but on my '84 there was a bolt at the back of the starter and two at the "business end" holding it in place.

I'm surprised they changed the way it was done...

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh