req: info towing 5th wheel basics

No.

However, Trailer Life did extensive testing and gave it a good review. That's good enough for me.

4-wheel steering was a "flash in the pan" option as it was discontinued after being available through perhaps only 4-5 model years and only on the Silverado by Chevy.

I got the impression that every trailerist should RUN and buy one for its SUPERIOR trailer towing capabilities.

Someone else will have to provide firsthand feedback. Finding that person here might be a long shot given the scarcity of the option on the road.

Delphi, a division of General Motors, is the maker of the rear steering assembly. Delphi, as is its "parent", is going through some hard times. If you get something with 4-wheel steering, it will be USED and, with Delphi's "hard times" in mind, an officially discontinued product. Your only hope is for continued support and that it isn't "orphaned" too quickly. Recycle parts will be scarce if not nonexistent. Good luck.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

If you have Onstar you can have them check it for free as you drive down the road.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Recer