REQ:Nerf bars for 2003 Silverado Crew Cab recommendations

I need to get some steps for 2003 Silverado 2500HD diesel crewcab. The grandmaws have too much trouble getting in an out of the truck when I take them to town etc. I've been carrying a stepstool . Anyway I figure a black nerf bar would look best but I don't know anything about quality of the bars. I see lots of ads for Westin which has both the signature and platinum series as well as smitttybuilt, bully, trucktec etc. all claim to be nodrill install. I can get the Westin with free shipping.

What do you guys recommend? This is a basic work truck used for pulling a camper trailer. I'm not trying to get fancy but I want something that looks ok is sturdy and will last.

Thanks in advance for your help--Bill

Reply to
Rtavi

I have a 2000 Z-71 EXT Cab 5.3 LT Silverado....

With $190 Westin Black steel 'nerf Bars' on a Red truck... Function fine..

My Westin bars are 4.7 years old... with Wisconsin salt rust showing on bars in the 4th season.... This Spring I'm going to buy Black Westin Stainless bars that 'never' rust... for $320......

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

I live in South Ms so no salt on roads except occasionally summer trips to high Rockies figure black steel works ok when I install them will repaint with black rustoleum. What are brackets and mounts made of?

Reply to
Rtavi

THe Westin mounting brackets bolt to the underside of the Cab Mount

Brackets on the Frame Using much longer Cab Bracket Bolts in 4 places total...

The Westin bracket are made of 'Black' painted or Powder Coated steel?....

The Westin 'Horizontal Mounting' Studs are 3/4" (I guessing)....

These 'Final' Westin mounting bolts (4) could be replaced by StainLess

Steel bolts & lock washers from a good hardware Store for $4.. Total

THese brackets nor 4 big 'studs' are not very visible from the side....

as the Curved nerf tube ends pointing inward is the horizontal anchor

for the 4 big studs... As I mentioned, you could buy 4 Stainless Studs..

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Reply to
Rtavi