reset oil change light 2001 chevy pickup

how do you reset the oil change light on a 2001 chevy pickup after you change the oil?

Reply to
digitalmaster

If I remember correctly, turn ignition to "on" position (not start) and step on accelerator pedal five times withing 5 seconds.

Reply to
Ironhead

Its 3 times all the way to the floor WOT (wide open throttle) and the light will blink after the third time to let you know you reset it

Reply to
Randd01

humm...my 00 Monte resets through the radio. Truck systems are differnent?

Reply to
Eightupman