Rhino Spray Bed

I am interested in experience with the Rhino spray in bed liner. Has it chipped? Peeled? or discolored? I am considering have my bed sprayed.

Reply to
wdlanning

Consider Line-X as well.

Reply to
scrape

Greetings,

I have Line-X and think it is a great product, worth every penny I paid for it. Two years ago when I was looking for a spray-in bedliner and comparing what was available, I looked at two friends' trucks who had Rhino and was not impressed. After a few years on both with what I would consider normal usage, the Rhino liner looked faded and worn down, with at least one spot peeling on one truck. The thickness of the liner was not consistant - thinner in some spots than others.

I fully realize that their problems were almost totally installer-related, and the peeling would be repaired under their lifetime warranty, but the trucks I saw that had Line-X looked much better from a perspective of application, consistancy, and wear. In fact, when I had my truck done with Line-X the installer even sprayed up and over the top edge of the front bed wall and also down back behind the rear bumper all the way to the lower edge of the roll panel. I didn't have the top of the side rails sprayed, but I'm thinking of going back and having them done. My opinion is that Line-X also has a better surface texture and feel.

Line-X was my choice based on what I saw, but the only way for you to really know is to go out and look at trucks with both. Either way, I'll never own another truck without having a spray-in bed liner again, and that in itself speaks volumes.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I got black Rhino in my new Silverado in '99. It is faded a little, but is still like new otherwise.

Randy

Reply to
R. O'Brian

I work around trucks that have various brands of liners sprayed in them. The LineX liner is the only one that doesn't peel, cut or look like crud after use. The others have cuts and tears in them and look pathetic over time. I had a LineX liner sprayed in my own truck and just use a scrub brush and some cleaner and it looks like new again and again. No cuts, tears, etc. Web sites, literature and hype are great, but the proof is in the real life wear!

Reply to
Kevin

It's covered for all but fading. Everyone I've seen has fade. When it fades, It looks like crap.

Reply to
kevin weaver

several of the liner manufacturers have different types. The one key to success I see is the prep work performed by the installer. Bro-in-law has three trucks, all with Rhino, two look great, one is peeling...only difference is the dealer.

Reply to
Sid Sawyer

Big waste of money.

Get a regular plastic bed liner if you need it, that way if something big and heavy gets thrown in back the plastic will snap back and you will never see a dent in the metal. With Sprayed in liner, it will not snap back and the dent will always show.

Sprayed bed liners are expensive and pretty if you're careful not to ever throw anything to heavy in back. Thats all they are good for.

TL

Reply to
Tom Levigne

And with a plastic bed liner you will get paint rub off in the bed. This brings rust with it. No paint brings rust. A friend did a smart thing. Got a Line-X plus the plastic bed liner. No rust and no fade. Then when he goes to sell it the bed looks like day one.

Total cost was almost a grand. 575.00 for the Line-X "Over the rails" cost him 75.00 more. Plus 350.00 for the plastic drop in.

Reply to
kevin weaver

Shop around. I got my "over the rails" on a full size, long bed for $490. The dealers set their own prices.

Reply to
scrape

Sure. And you'll replace the drop in liner every couple of years. and it will rub the paint off the bed underneath. And the water that gets in there will hasten the rust of the bed.

I'm not dropping engine blocks in mine from 30' up, but in owning nothing but trucks for 20+ years, I've never had anything dent the bed where it could be noticed.

What brand do you sell?

Reply to
scrape

It's kinda high in this area. there are only two line-x places in this area of about 100miles and the closer one is 10.00 cheaper then the other guy. My friend calls about once every 60-90 days to check the prices. It's been going up about 1.4% a month for the past year. Kinda high IMO...

Reply to
kevin weaver

OK wow then lets do the REALLY REALLY smart thing and get Line-X on the truck bed AND put in a plastic liner AND then get Rhino liner installed on the plastic liner, LOL!!

Reply to
Fred Fartalot

i have had 3 line-x one in a 99 reg cab 2wd silverado ne in a 2000 extended cab z71 and my third is in my 2004 gmc sierra extended cab 4x4. the only way i will go is line-x as far as fading i have not had that problem. what i do is every so often is take a can of tire shine and spray the liner down, always looks like it was just sprayed. i did look at the rhino BUT didnt like the cottage cheese look in them. and as stated in other posts its the PREP work that makes or breaks a spray in. just my few cents worth here. i am in north carolina and i paid 420 for the first one in the 99 and that was in 99, then in late part of 2000 i traded for the z71 and i paid 440 and then in late 2004 when i got my gmc i paid 440 for it, all over the rail.

Reply to
Charles H.

Insert liners are slick when wet. The only reason I bought a liner, the only reason I bought Line-X, was for its properties when my wet muddy motorcycle was being loaded.

Otherwise for crying out loud, its a truck! Its supposed to be used. Its not supposed to have carpeting, else its an SUV.

Real trucks haul real loads and do real work. A John Wayne Truck. Everything else is a Paris Hilton Truck, for status only.

Reply to
David Kelly

IF you dig around on their Website, you used to be able to find a $20 off coupon.

Reply to
scrape

Same here. Two YZ250Fs and one Husaberg... Well, them and tools and gear and crap.

Reply to
scrape

My local dealer has a 30.00 off coupons on his front desk sitting out for everyone to see. I called a line-x place about a 3 hour drive away. He is 45.00 less then my local dealer. Plus the 20.00 off coupon from the Line-X webpage. I'm also looking at the Bedrug.

Anyone have good or bad things to say about them ?

Reply to
kevin weaver

Just to clarify matters, how do you intend to use the truck? Heavy loads, dirt, sand, brick and block? Open bed or cap? It seems that most assumed open cap and heavy, dirty hauling. Just by chance you are putting a cap on the truck, and not using it extensively for gravel, dirt, etc., look at a bed rug.

Lena

Reply to
Lena

Buy two trucks, use one and keep one in the garage. That way you always have one in good shape in case you need it. Look at all the money you save in bed liners. TPBeach

Reply to
TPBeach