Ride Control Button

OK - I'll admit - I'm a newbie to the group. Although I've done some research on the topic and have not come up with much.....

I just bought a 2000 Silverado - Extended cab. The 'Ride control' button doesn't work. If you push the button in - it does not stay in - the 'FIRM' light comes on but once you release the button - the light goes off .... So my questions :

- Is it worth replacing ?

- Where can I get a replacement button (besides the dealer) ?

- It doesn't look too hard to replace - anyone have a different opinion ?

- What's the big deal with 'ride control' anyway ?

Thanks in advance... John

Reply to
BigJohn