Rim noise

A couple of years ago I had some custom rims installed and they have the chrome sleeve that goes over the hub. After a recent brake pad change job, I am getting a noise while moving down the road that is like a tick whoosh, tick whoosh. Thought maybe it could be the sleeve being loose or something and stuck a piece of cardboard in between sleeve and hub, but the noise is still there. Although it is not there when applying the brake. Do not think it is the caliper either. I didn't do the brake job, a mechanic I really trust did and this noise wasn't there before the brake job. Any ideas or help anyone? Thanks.

Reply to
Mark G.

Mark G.

Take it back to the guy that did the brakes and explain the problem to him.

Reply to
John Alt

Yea I agree w/ John. I just did rotors on a Saturn and Autozoo sold me

1 correct and 1 >
Reply to
Elliott

Yes I'm sure AZ did it. You probably "cracked" one of them thar lug nuts right off and your rotors were as crooked as hell.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

The incorrect rotor had a little less bevel/groove around the inside of the center hole. When I tightened it down (rotating pattern), I evenly broke/cracked it from the center. It drove fine for a few miles and then began the warping. I got the correct one later that night. The lugs and break pads survived (cause my wife came home w/o chasing all over the place - of coarse she did make 1 extra stop at the grocery store). Them 'thar' lug nuts are fine, and 'thar' rotors aren't near as strong as the lugs. Of coarse had I used a torque wrench for perfect even torque, the problem may not have showed up till a month or two later. ;} Elliott

Reply to
Elliott