S 10, 1988 Fuel Tank

I have an extra wire (ground?) after removing and reinstalling my fuel tank on a 88 S 10, 5 speed L-4. I had a leak from the top of my fuel tank that only leaked when the pump was on. I replaced the fuel lines (rubber) from the tank to the frame. I now have no guage indication and no start. I suspect I've got a ground wire from the frame to the pump/guage missing but have no idea where it connects after it leaves the frame. The filler neck braid is just like it was. I'm working from a Haynes manual that only covers to '87 and the wiring diagrams are insufficient.

Reply to
Hank