s-10 blazer '02 periodic shudder under load

I just changed out intake gaskets on my blazer (4.3L) and now it runs great for the most part. If I am on a grade and the engine is under load though, say at 55MPH and the load it takes to maintain speed going up a slight hill, there's a periodic shudder, like about every 15 seconds that lasts about a second. It seems like the thing is in between deciding to downshift and then deciding to not downshift.

This didn't happen before I changed the intake gaskets, and I am wondering if any of you might have a suggestion as to what I might need to check. I almost wonder if there might be some sensor or other that might cause that sort of behavior.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Carlton

Reply to
Carlton

what year is your blazer?