S-10 fuel pump problems?

I have a 2002 S-10. 68,000 miles and I need a fuel pump. I have been hearing now that this is common. What is the problem with them? My 2000 S-10 had automatic transmission problems that now I hear are endemic with them (clutch going in and out like shuddering, then the smash-bang shift from 1st to 2nd until you shut it down and restarted it).

Anyone else experience these problems? Are there any recalls in the future? Any hidden recalls now?

Thanks!

Reply to
Rose Melinis

Fuel pump failures on the newer S-10's are not that common from what I know. How has this problem been diagnosed as what's ailing your vehicle?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"