S-10 gas pedal problem

DH has a 2000 S-10 V-4

His gas pedal keeps getting disconnected. Following the wire with my hand, I could feel that there's a hook-like thing that the wire came loose from and I could feel stuff (ok, it felt like beads) on that wire that I assume either screws or fastens together in some fashion to keep the wire from slipping off the hook thing. So much for my descriptive powers.

I'm trying to figure out where I can find a picture of how the gas pedal is attached and I'm not sure that our local library has a Chilton's of the S-10.

Does anybody know where I could find a picture of the parts so we can figure out how to fix this?

Any helpful hints? I couldn't fit upside down under the dash well enough to see what I needed to and we don't have any small children to send i to do the job!

Any help appreciated!

Reply to
montana wildhack

the dealers parts man will have a picture.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman