S-10 Rattle

I have a 2004 S-10 Pick-up and it has a rattle whos source I can not identify.

It sounds like its is originating in either the front passenger door or somewhere under the dash and above the glove-box. It is not the glove box as the rattle is still present when removed.

In the summer the rattle is present until the air conditioning has been on a bit. In the winter all is quiet until the heater has had time to heat things up. The rattle is somewhat like a click, but I can't tell if it is metal to metal, metal to plastic or even warmed up adhesive sticking and unsticking rapidly.

I was hoping that this would be something others have seen before. Any ideas?

I am reluctant to remove the door panel as I've heard that the tabs can break off easily. (Maybe thats not true)

Thanks, Randy

Reply to
jrk

Maybe a loose or blown speaker in the dash on the passenger side.

Reply to
Tester

Tester-If you can duplicate the noise in a safe manner, do it and then stop, pop the hood, and duplicate the drive you did again. GM had an issue with the hood hinges-where they bolt and nut together making noise. On my first one it sent me in all kinda circles before a GM tech led me to this. GM(chevy) sells a 'washer' kit just for this issue. I've also taken a small section of a rubber inner tube-cut to size, drill a center hole in it and used this to solve this issue.(both sides-remove cowl, ect.) This may or may not be your problem but...if nothing else-fyi for down the road! Let us know! Good snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

Tester wrote:

Reply to
blazerman

When I first saw the comment regarding the hood hinge I checked it out but it didn't appear to have too much play. But the condition described below is right on, especially with side to side motion. I'll definitely give it a closer look.

Any chance at getting the picture refered to in the TSB?

Thanks for the help. Randy

jrk