S-10 Starter (continues)

1995, 4cyl with 5 speed.....

Since the bolts had broken off, I was wondering how I could find out if there was supposed to be a shim in there??

Thanks

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman

Once you get that starter off, if it had at least one shim-hopefully it will have left a witness mark either on the starter or block mounting surfaces. Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR

It did not. BUT the handy dandy Hanes manual gave me instruction on how to make shim adjustments. It required a 1/16 shim.

All is done, with 4 ea 12" 5/16 drill bits, two 10mm 1.5 taps, two new bolts, a shim and a whole lot of metal filings.

Thanks all who have helped.

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman