S-10 Steering Wheel & wiper control stalk

I'm really about tired of putting up with the short in the wiper control stalk, but have no idea how to get to the thing! Every time I use the turn signal, the f(&^()&$* wipers go on! Even sometimes when I make a turn. But when I tried to get one out of a truck in the wrecking yard - I pretty much did nothing except mess up an otherwise useable steering column. Is it necessary to remove the steering wheel first? The signal cancellation mechanism is also not working. Any advice or experience with this? Thanks in advance.

-WaV

Reply to
wavy

Yes the steering wheel has to come off, and the lock plate under it, which means you need a sterring wheel puller, and the tool for compressing the lock plate spring inorder to get at its retaining clip., or as you have found out, you end up mangling a perfectly good column that someone else might have needed.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning