S10 Alternator

I have a 97 S10, 2.2L, 2WD with 73K miles. I'm hearing a sound that I think is coming from the alternator bearings. How hard is the replacement? It looks like I would just need to remove two bolts, buy my Haynes manual mentions something about also removing two bolts from a bracket. Also, can I get to it from the top or should I go through the wheel well? Any reason I shouldn't just wait until it goes completely vs. changing it now?

Reply to
Homeslice

well if you want to get stuck some where by running off your battery when your alt take 's a dumb? go get it checked at your local parts house? go by the book in most cases they are in the ball park

Reply to
tudysmuck