S10 EGR valve

My old S10 has over 200k on the clock, but every once in a while it decides to spark knock when I start it cold. It also has a slight knock when I take off in city driving. In the country, where I live, it's fine. There also seems to be a variation in the power. I've changed cap and rotor and plugs. Has anyone had any experience with the EGR valve?

Reply to
Mo

I had a 95 S-10 with 100k on it. Ran fine, BUT the EGR value started to clog up. It would cause the engine to run rough to where it would nearly stall. I had it cleaned once at a local shop. After that I started to use a fuel injector cleaner additive about once a month and the problem went away.

IMO...dirty EGR value is no fun. Keep it clean or run the risk of getting stalled away from home.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Becker