S10 rear view mirror reattachment

I have a 95 S10 and the rear view mirror fell off.

How do I remove the silver tab from the black mirror body so I can reattach the mirror?

I know there has to be a trick. Failed trying to reattach the entire mirror assembly. Glue would not hold.

Appreciate the help for this simple problem.

Reply to
rex

Isn't it held on by a set screw?

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Not on this model. No set screw. The silver tab is stuck in the mounting bracket.

el Diablo wrote:

Reply to
rex

Possibly a wedge type fit? Similar to a tapered dovetail.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

It's a tapered fit. SHould just push out. MAke sure you put the taper in the right direction when you reglue. THats how my S10 was. I take it this is a common occurance.

Reply to
JMagerl

And when you put it back on, and if it wobbles up and down with bumps in the road, take it off and bend out the tab a bit to make it fit tighter

Reply to
twins0203