S10 taillights/ illumination

Has anyone changed the taillights on their s10 and lost the illumination feature? What I'm asking I guess is, is there some sort of "reset" on the lights? I went to replace the bulbs in the lamps, unplugged the top bulb and lost the "constant" illumination. I have brake lights when I depress the brake pedal and the turn signal works, but no other illumination. The new bulbs are good and there aren't any fuses blown that I've found ( in the fuse block beside the steering column) and now I'm at a loss for what to do. I can't legally drive without taillights at night (duh) and hoped somebody knew what to do to help me out. Thanks.......

Reply to
rocker

I don't think it matters, but I'd post the year. Sorry I can't help you though.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Sounds like the parts store sold you the wrong lights, or you installed the wrong bulb in the wrong socket. Check the part # on the base of the bulb and see if they match.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"