s10 won't crank.

I'm planning on taking a long trip tomorrow, so I was doing a little maintenance on my s10. I changed the spark plugs, and tried to crank it, but it wouldn't crank. I pulled a wire from one of the spark plugs and checked for spark. No spark. I pulled the wire from the distributor cap to the coil. No spark. I don't know what to do now. Any suggestions? It turns over ok, all the electrical stuff seems to work, I just can't get a spark? Any suggestions? I need to leave tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Reply to
George Jetson

You have your terminology all mixed up. Your engine WILL crank, but WON'T turn over. Knowing the year of the vehicle and engine size would also help immensley.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Uh, crank and turn over are the same thing. I believe the actual terminology used in this case is "Engine cranks but won't run."

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

you should say "cranks but won't start" At least thats what they told me at grease monkey school.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

your crack sensor if this part goes out you will get no spark nada

Reply to
tudysmuck