Scrib... I did a little reading before I left tonight... Ingalls Engineering...

Hey Scrib!

I got to read just a little tonight...

Just wanted you to know I was doing my homework! :)

Jack

And they said....

Always consult a ride height specification book prior to beginning alignment. If out of specification, attempt to correct. Changes in ride height from factory specifications affect camber. As a vehicle ages, the suspension has a tendency to sag. The weight of the vehicle can cause springs to weaken. Springs can also be damaged by excessive vehicle loading or abuse. Another factor to consider is sagging of center support or crossmember. Modifications to the vehicle such as raising or lowering the suspension or changing the total weight of the vehicle can also affect camber.

Reply to
Jack

Can effect toe also...........

Reply to
Scott M

~ Scrib... I did a little reading before I left tonight... Ingalls Engineering... Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Wed, Oct 8, 2003, 8:43pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Jack)

Hey Scrib! I got to read just a little tonight...

Just wanted you to know I was doing my homework! :) ~Jack~

And they said....

Always consult a ride height specification book prior to beginning alignment. If out of specification, attempt to correct. Changes in ride height from factory specifications affect camber. As a vehicle ages, the suspension has a tendency to sag. The weight of the vehicle can cause springs to weaken. Springs can also be damaged by excessive vehicle loading or abuse. Another factor to consider is sagging of center support or crossmember. Modifications to the vehicle such as raising or lowering the suspension or changing the total weight of the vehicle can also affect camber. ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ Jack, now.............

you are a technician.

scrib abell ~:~wanders over to the stove....picks up the ladle.....dips into the simmer'n pot of shroom juice.....ooooohhhheeeyyyy......dat's some good stuff der~:~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

Hey Scrib! I got to read just a little tonight... Just wanted you to know I was doing my homework! :) ~Jack~ And they said....

Always consult a ride height specification book prior to beginning alignment. If out of specification, attempt to correct. Changes in ride height from factory specifications affect camber. As a vehicle ages, the suspension has a tendency to sag. The weight of the vehicle can cause springs to weaken. Springs can also be damaged by excessive vehicle loading or abuse. Another factor to consider is sagging of center support or crossmember. Modifications to the vehicle such as raising or lowering the suspension or changing the total weight of the vehicle can also affect camber.

--------------------

------------------- On Thu, Oct 9, 2003, somewhere around 3:54am (CDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@no.nope.com (Scott=A0M) butted in........

Can effect toe also...........

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ Scott, how does ride height "effect" toe?

scrib abell ~:~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

--------------------

------------------- On Thu, Oct 9, 2003, somewhere around 3:54am (CDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@no.nope.com (Scott=A0M) butted in........ Can effect toe also........... ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ Scott, =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0how does ride height "effect" toe? scrib abell ~:~

Now this is a question a tech would ask ....Scrib YOU ARE A TECH ...by the way is there a answer to the question?

Reply to
Steve Cook

Re: Scrib... I did a little reading before I left tonight... Ingalls Engineering...

------------------- On Thu, Oct 9, 2003, somewhere around 3:54am (CDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@no.nope.com (Scott M) butted in........

Can effect toe also...........

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ Scott, how does ride height "effect" toe?

scrib abell ~:~ When you lower or raise the front, it will move the tie rods out of there correct position, usually giving you a little toe in. If you look at them and the center link as a straight bar across the front, when you raise or lower, the outer sides attached to the spindals move up or down, but the inner sides at the center link stay in the same place, thus giving you a little toe-in. Did that make since? p.s.

Were you trying to get me to say *angle* Scrib? :)

Reply to
Scott M

I is? Aw Shucks, Scrib!!! < w/ a proud hillbilly smile > :)

Reply to
Jack

"Scribb Abell" wrote

Scott, how does ride height "effect" toe?

Is this a rhetorical question? If not, you ought to know why. Ride height can affect camber, which in turn affects the toe settings.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

. "Scribb Abell" wrote Scott, =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0how does ride height "effect" toe? ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (shiden_kai) asks.....

Is this a rhetorical question?

If not, you ought to know why. Ride height can affect camber, which in turn affects the toe settings.

Ian ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ Ian, in "effect"......you are correct on the "affect" of ride height on toe settings.....

marsh monster ~thinks Ian got his answer~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

------------------- On Thu, Oct 9, 2003, somewhere around 3:54am (CDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@no.nope.com (Scott M) butted in........

Can effect toe also........... ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ Scott, =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0how does ride height "effect" toe? scrib abell ~:~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ Scott answered ole Scrib with......

When you lower or raise the front, it will move the tie rods out of there correct position, usually giving you a little toe in. If you look at them and the center link as a straight bar across the front, when you raise or lower, the outer sides attached to the spindals move up or down, but the inner sides at the center link stay in the same place, thus giving you a little toe-in.

p.s. Were you trying to get me to say *angle* Scrib? :) ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ Scott, No..........

I was try'n to git yuh to say..........

oh never mind.....

marsh monster ~:~Scott effectively gave a description~:~

Reply to
Scribb Abell