Seatbelt Retractors

Seems like GM can't figure out how to engineer these things correctly. They quit working in my old S-10 and already the drivers side is acting up in my '03 Silverado. I guess there is no way to get at it in the Silverado without ripping the seat apart????

V.B.

Reply to
vb

"vb" wrote:"seems like GM can't figure out how to engineer these things correctly. They quit working in my old S-10 and already the drivers side is acting up in my '03 Silverado. I guess there is no way to get at it in the Silverado without ripping the seat apart????"

I had this trouble on other manufactures as well as Chevy's. I found out what was causing it when I took my daughter to get her driver's License and they refuse to do the road test since the passenger seatbelt would not retract at the time of the test. I called to find out how much a replacement was and decided after getting the price to investigate the cause. I found that dust and dirty gets down in the mechanism and cause the gears stick. I also found spare change that fell out of peoples pockets gets caught in there if the retractor is mounted to the floor.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

Safety Related.... Report it to The U S Goverment Product Safety People!!!

vb wrote:

Reply to
Santa