Security message in message center

Has any one else had this happen, the message center lights up with the SECURITY message, I seem to recall its something to do with the PASS-LOCK system on GM vehicles, I have had this happen twice now, once on a GMC truck, 2000 model and now on a 2000 Chevy Tahoe, if any one did, what was the fix, or was it ever fixed at the dealer.

Reply to
Craig M

It is likely the iginition lock cylinder or the BCM. My guess would be the former rather than the latter. Pull the OBDII codes and/or let a GM dealer diagnose. It has the potential to disable the vehicle at what is usually the worst possible time. The vehicle seems to know when you really need to be somewhere and the Passlock chooses this time to disable the vehicle for

20min or so.....
Reply to
Augustus