Selling with and without a Manf Warrantee

Good morning,

I have a 2002 Silverado, 5300, towing package etc. I have 35200 miles and as far as I know there is nothing wrong with the vehicle.

I am thinking of getting a new vehicle. The question is that if I sell or trade while the manf warrantee is still good how much more should I expect because of this. In other words if I wait until after 36000 how much will the price decrease if any?

Thanks

Reply to
Clyde Lomax

I personally wouldn't give any more for a vehicle that had only 800 miles of warranty left. It would take you that many miles to get used to the truck and even know if there were anything wrong with it. That is unless it's a noticeable issue which one should notice at the test drive and vehicle inspection.

I think it's a mut point.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

I am assuming that you bought this vehicle new. How many miles did this vehicle have when you bought it? Be sure to add this on to the 36,000 miles of the factory warranty. For example, if the vehicle had 150 miles when you signed the papers, your factory warranty mileage would run out at 36,150 miles.

If you stop driving the truck, the miles won't run out, but the time will. During the remaining factory warranty, you can still add the GM warranty to the vehicle for a total of 100,000 miles and a total of 72 months with a variety of protection plans, time periods and deductibles. This factory warranty can then be transferred to the buyer.

Try asking prospective buyers if they would be willing to pay $900 - $1700 for this valuable protection. I know I certainly would, what with engines costing $4500 and transmissions costing $3500.

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

Yes I brought it new and it had around 105 on it.

Reply to
Clyde Lomax