service engine lite and trani problems 1991 C2500 7.4 L TBI

Has anyone ever had a problem where the service engine lite comes on and off and then then the transmission starts having problems. Also what are the recomendations to be done when the service engine lite comes on?

Reply to
Natalie Bounds

I had this similar problem a few months ago. It turned out to be corroded cables attached to the battery. Clean or replace the cables. Your truck being a 1991 probably has corrosion in the cables. My truck in question is a 1990. Also check the cables under the insulation. They corrode there too and unless you peel back the insulation from the cables you won't see it. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

"Natalie Bounds" wrote in news:B3uph.689479$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

SES lamp on = scan, diagnos, repair........any other sequence = wasted bucks!

Reply to
KjunRaven

Reply to
Natalie Bounds