service engine soon light

last night I went to a friends house. I had to put in into 4WD to make it up a steep incline to the back of their house. I parked and took it out of

4WD. This morning when I left the service engine soon light is on, and won't go off. I checked the gas cap, as sometimes in the past if the cap was loose, this light would go on. This time the light won't go off. I'm wondering if there is something I did as described above, when I went t my friends house, that might have caused this warning light. My experience with it in the past, it is just a dummy light and probably nothing serious. Any thoughts? Things I should check for?
Reply to
Angie

by the way, it is a 2000 blazer

Reply to
Angie

Have it scanned at Auto Zone or somewhere similar. That will give you the error code and then take it from there. I had my ABS light come on once as I was on a entrance ramp to the freeway. Later found a wheel sensor lead hanging loose under the van. Could be something got popped loose. Wayne

Reply to
wayne c

Could be. This was a soft dirt and rock steep incline I went up. I live in a small town, no auto places like that here, I might have to go right to the dealer unfortunately.

Reply to
Angie

Disconnect the battery for about five minutes to clear the code and then see if it comes back.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

well, a quarter of the way to work today, the light went off... I did check open and close my gas cap, which had been the reason once in the past, maybe that was it, who knows

Reply to
Angie