shaking in the wheel?

Hey all..got another question...when I first got the truck, there was a shaking in the steering wheel when I got to 2000 rpm and then it went away. It may

be gone now (I haven't paid attention to it recently, just have gotten used to it) but its been in the shop 2 times (3rd door handle and solenoid needed replacing) and they havent said anything else was wrong.

Its an 03 chevy s-10 with the 2.2L V4 engine. And I paid attention to it and the shaking was still there. Guess I just got used to it so I didn't notice it.

Thanks for all the help you can give me.

Matt

Reply to
Matt F.

Clarification please, every time the engine hits 2000 rpm, or just in one gear? I.E. in first, again in second, then again in third etc, or just in one gear like over drive?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

When I first accelerate after stopping, when it hits 2000 rpm it shakes and is fine. So when I first start out and it hits 2000 rpm it shakes, stop @ a stop sign, start up and it shakes whenever it hits 2000 the first time.

Hope that makes sense...it shakes after it starts up the first time, stop, start and then shakes at 2000 rpm, cont...

Reply to
Matt F.

Love those V-4 engines. :-)

I bet it's speed related and not rpm related. When you're running down the freeway and the engine is at 2000rpm, does it shake?

I bet you just need a balance and rotation. Or maybe you lost a weight. Unbalanced wheels will cause weird harmonic shaking at certain speeds, depending on a lot of different variables.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

Oh yea...it was fun yesterday with a sleeper bed, a dresser, and an entertainment system in the back.

Its only once it starts up and goes to 2000 rpm+ that it shakes. After its running and is put on cruise or kept moving, its perfectly fine. Its only after I stop and then start that it shakes.

Matt

Reply to
Matt F.

It could also be a separated tire, which would be dangerous. Just head over to a tire shop.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

Well I went to Autozone (I was waiting for my brother to call for me to pick him up from a friends) and they suggested that it could be the harmonic balancer in the engine I guess (I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff). They suggested I get it checked out so I'm going to today. Its wonderful when you've got a great mechanic across from where you work and you get a 10% discount because you work in the same complex :D

Thanks for all your help, I'll let you know what it is tonight or tomorrow.

Matt

Reply to
Matt F.