Shock Recommendations-'98 GMC 1500

'98 Ext Cab 1/2ton 2WD 5.0L. Mostly driven around town and some highway. Tow

3000# boat on weekends. Replacing all four.
Reply to
Huck P

Replaced worn-out Bilsteins with Monromatic Gas over oil shocks to save money. Wish I had spent the extra hundred bucks for the Bilsteins for my GMC Yukon. Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

but....bilsteins have lifetime warranty which you can get free replacements from Autozone.

Reply to
GeekBoy

The Bilsteins were the original shocks on the truck. I wasn't the original owner. Not sure if that makes a diff or not. Anyone else have anything on this? Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

warranty usually not transferable, but if you can find out where he got them......

Reply to
GeekBoy

GMC installed Bilsteins on the Yukon SLT at the factory. Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

If you want to have the same ride as original, make sure you get the "comfort ride" Bilsteins or something like that. The HD shocks are not what was on the vehicle originally.

Bilstein has a ride guarantee that is not widely known. 30 or 60 days. I've written about it before in this forum. You should be able to find it searching Google groups.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Moran

Good Call Doug; $200 to the door from shockwarehouse.com and I'm quite happy with them. Thanks again s/Huck

Reply to
Huck P