Shock Selection & Replacement

Vehicle:

1993 chevrolet silverado stepside lowered 3" in the front and 4" in the rear picture here:
I plan on putting another leaf spring in the ass end of it to jack it up some more to give it a more aggressive stance and also have the ability to haul more in the bed. I've been told that it will raise the rear up somewheres between 1.5" and 2" overall

I am also in the need of replacement shocks as well for the rear. What are some good ones to look at and what are some to avoid? I want something heavy duty but don't need anything outragiously stupid expensive either.

Because the truck has been lowered 4" in the rear would that mean a custom/special shock or simply something off the shelf?

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

Being that you went through all the trouble of lowering it, why not just install airshocks. Leave it low when you drive normal and add air when you need the extra raise in the rear ?

Reply to
kevin weaver

How about because the shock mounts weren't designed to carry weight? Now then an air bag overload system might do the job nicely.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I didn't lower it. It was that way when I bought it a couple of years ago.